Friday, September 09, 2005

Damn it all if I haven't been slacking.

I've been sorta busy, but I should have had time to write a few words.
In place of my own word which usually seem inadequate, I'll leave you with a few links to things I have been checking out.

Cuba Offers Help, Government fails to respond.

My online friends' website. His latest entry, some funny magazine covers he made up. Check out his original music also.

My favorite forum. This is a topic about one particular discrepency in government

The world famous CBGB club has been facing closure. Help them out if you care. My thread on the matter.

Yeah I am an ACLU nut. They just released this video that you can watch for free online about the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act. It is a very good video and I urge everyone to watch.

Like everyone else I have been hearing all about Katrina and New Orleans non-stop this past week or so. I do feel bad for the people who are suffering there, as I do for all who suffer anywhere in the world. I have to stick by my position that in alot of ways that pertain to natural disasters, people deserve what they get. There have been warnings about New Orleans in particular for a long time. Here are the reasons I say this should have been avoided. ("Deserve what they get" was probably the wrong thing to say, but I'm getting blunt and honest in my old age.)
1)Besides the fact that they were warned, people need to know where they live and the natural world that they live in. If you live in Kansas, you gotta expect tornados, if you live on the gulf coast you gotta expect hurricanes, if you live in the great white north you gotta expect snow and freezing temperatures. It's that simple. No matter how hard the human race tries to control mother nature, she will do as she pleases. Be prepared or move to an area more conducive to human habitation. It reminds me of a Sam Kinison quote. He was talking about starvation in Africa, but I think it relates to my point.
"YOU LIVE IN A DESERT! YOU LIVE IN A FUCKING DESERT! NOTHING GROWS OUT HERE! NOTHING'S GONNA GROW OUT HERE! YOU SEE THIS? HUH? THIS IS SAND. KNOW WHAT IT'S GONNA BE A HUNDRED YEARS FROM NOW? IT'S GONNA BE SAND! YOU LIVE IN A FUCKING DESERT! GET YOUR STUFF, GET YOUR SHIT, WE'LL MAKE ONE TRIP, WE'LL TAKE YOU TO WHERE THE FOOD IS! WE HAVE DESERTS IN AMERICA -- WE JUST DON'T LIVE IN THEM, ASSHOLES!" - RIP Sam Kinison. (btw- we do live in the deserts.....and swamps,and frozen wastelands,etc.... This leads me to my second point.
2)Mankind has pissed off mother nature. We have tried to tame her and control her to our own ends with no regard for the consequences. We have polluted her and raped her. Part of the reason the floods were so bad was becuase of mans own influence. We as a human race need to be better caretakers of our one and only home. Mother Earth. Now is the only program I have seen covering this side of the catastrophy. They have a video of the program I was talking about on their site now.

5 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug, Vern. I'll be sure to post a link back to you if I haven't already.

Actually being pitched by the site's proprietor sure beats advertising ANONYMOUSLY on someone's blog under thin veil of feigned interest.

What kind of douchebag does that?

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Vernarial said...

hehehehe

Hey if anonymous says it, it must be right,eh? I hope he doesn't bookmark me for spamming purposes.

 
At 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://mrejpgtm.com/gedh/ejbc.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vcpfmlrj.com/rejr/rwha.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://mrejpgtm.com/gedh/ejbc.html | http://lpcpypmj.com/ztlc/gcdv.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home